Frequently Asked Questions
What is your user limit?
EIQ2 license allows for unlimited users and is only limited by your SQL server license.
How long has EIQ2 been around for?
EIQ2 has been in development for over five years and is built from a combined experience of developing data warehouses of over 60 years.
What are the technical prerequisites to implement EIQ2?
- SQL Server 2008 R2 – Enterprise Edition (With latest service
- SQL Server 2008 R2 – Integrated Services
- SQL Server 2008 R2 – Reporting Services (Optional for
- SQL Server 2008 R2 – Analysis Services (Optional – as not
being utilised in this version – Future version only)
- Microsoft Windows Operating System
- .Net Framework 4.0
- 64 Bit Oracle Drivers (Optional – if required)
- 32 Bit Oracle Drivers (Installation of Oracle Drivers – 64bit
followed by 32bit)
SQL Server Configurations:
- OLE Automation Procedures – Enabled (Option to
specify whether OLE Automation objects can be
instantiated within Transact-SQL batches)
- Max Degree of Parallelism = 0 (Default value –
Allowing SQL to use all the available processors up to
- XP_CmdShell – Enabled (Allows the XP_CmdShell
extended stored procedure to be executed on the
- SP_ServerOption – Data Access – Enabled (Enables a
linked server for distributed query access)
How many distinct sources of information can be processed with EIQ2?
- SQL Server (SQL 2012 – Future Version)
- CSV, TXT (Flat files)
- XLS (Future Version)
- XML (Future Version)
How easy is it to create or make changes to developed jobs or routines?
EIQ2 offers a complete – automated process, allowing you to easily
create, update (end-to-end tasks) and with limited intervention:
- ETL data loads
- ODS, Data Warehouse entity data loads
- Reporting Lookups
- SSIS Creation
- SSRS Reports
- SQL Agent Auditing
- SQL Agent Maintenance, Management Tasks
- SQL Agent Mail Reports
If extracting data from sourced databases or sourced data (flat) files, what is the
expected size, format of the input data?
- Size unlimited
- Tables / data (flat) files unlimited for each singular sourced data source
- SQL collation issues auto managed
- Oracle to SQL data conversion issues auto managed
- Column headers and footers auto managed for data (flat) files
- ASCII Format for data (flat) files
If sourcing data from (flat) files, are the files delimited or fixed length?
- Both delimited and fixed length are catered for
What characters are used as delimiters?
- Delimiter Characters – (;), (:), (,), (|) and Tab
Can EIQ2 support the types of joins and where clauses needed to execute
against the tables of interest?
- Supports Full, Left and Right Outer Joins
- Allows for the joining of data from differently (sourced) data sources
- Supports (Where) Clauses, (Aggregation), (Between) Statements,
(Like / Not Like) Statements and (In / Not In) Statements
How flexible is the error conditional testing and how are errors logged?
- SSIS auditing
- Server auditing
- Database auditing
- Change management auditing
- Security auditing
- Historical auditing
- Error management auditing
Can EIQ2 recover from a failed job without manual intervention and how
well does it respond to spurious failures such as network problems, server
crashes or running out of disk space?
- Every process has an a managed audit trail, and a rollback, re-run